1. How long have you been doing CrossFit? What got you started? I have been doing CrossFit for about 5 years. I started at Maple City CrossFit in my hometown one summer while I was back home between semesters after years of a few friends bugging me to try it.
2. What aspect of our core values of authentic, driven, and inclusive do you relate to the most? Why? I would say that authenticity is a value that leads everything I do in life and I love that this is a core value of ALCF. Everyone who comes through the door is not only allowed, but encouraged to be their raw, unfiltered self and I truly believe this is why I've made such deep and meaningful connections with fellow members and our coaches.
3. What do you most look forward to when you come to the gym? I look forward to the people. ALCF is more than a place to workout. It's my safe place, my second home, and my second family.
4. What is your favourite memory at All Level CrossFit? There are so many but truly, 4pm classes on Tuesday bring me life. Every. Single. Week. IYKYK... if you don't, you need to get in the know lol.
5. What goals have you set for yourself in CrossFit that you’ve successfully achieved? What are your current goals?When I first started, I had all sorts of movement-specific goals... first strict pull up, snatching more than 100lbs, etc. But, I'll be honest, I don't really like to set PR-type goals anymore. Instead, I'm much more focused on setting goals related to commitment and effort. So now, the only way I "judge my success" at the gym is through my commitment to getting there as much as I can and giving it my all (for that day), each and every day.... and I let the PRs happen when they happen (or not when then don't lol).
6. What advice do you have for someone who’s on the fence about starting CrossFit? Like anything else that is new to someone, I would just say give it an honest try. It might seem intimidating and scary at the start but we all felt that feeling during the first few classes. It's 100% normal but you will settle in and find your groove.
7. How has your experience at All Level CrossFit improved your life outside of the gym? Finding CrossFit and ALCF has enhanced every aspect of my life. It gives me something to look forward to, a place to connect, and place to work on myself.