1. How long have you been doing CrossFit?
I have been doing CrossFit for about 5 years.
What got you started? My son and daughter both started in CrossFit in 2013 and it took me about 5 years to catch on. I tried a few workouts and decided I could definitely benefit from this type of program.
2. What aspect of our core values of authentic, driven, and inclusive do you relate to the most? Why?
I think I relate to the value of authenticity the most. When you’re in the middle of a taxing workout and everyone is working their butt off you know everyone is experiencing the truth about themselves at that time and there is something very comforting about being able to let your guard down with everyone else and just give it your all. you can’t be anything but yourself. Reality hits you in the face and you don’t have to be afraid of it when you’re sharing it with others.
3. What do you most look forward to when you come to the gym? I really appreciate the beginning of the WOD when everyone is getting there head around the workout. Also appreciate the warm ups. I feel we are not only warming up our bodies up but also warming up to each other. It’s a great way to share our lives with each other.
4. What is your favourite memory at All Level CrossFit?
So many. Murph was good. I loved trying the workout and having coffee available after. LOL. The 2023 Open quarterfinals was another. Everyone helping to make it successful. Also every time the group breaks out in a supportive cheer for someone who just completed something they have been striving for.
5. What goals have you set for yourself in CrossFit that you’ve successfully achieved? To feel generally healthier and stronger today than I did yesterday. To workout intensely 5 days a week for a month.
What are your current goals?
To do 40 double understand in a row. To do 20 feet of handstand walks unbroken. To do bar and ring muscle ups. To clean 200 lbs.
6. What advice do you have for someone who’s on the fence about starting CrossFit?
If you have the ability to trust others then you can do CrossFit. Don’t let your idea of CrossFit discourage you from experiencing what CrossFit actually is. Experiencing CrossFit is really the way to understand it. Trust the people and you will find great value for your life.
7. How has your experience at All Level CrossFit improved your life outside of the gym?
We all get sick, or the blues,or have to face challenges and suffering in some form or another and my experience with Crossfit has improved my ability to deal with all of those.