1. How long have you been doing CrossFit? What got you started?
Since 2017, my dad kept bugging me to start and I finally gave in and “drank the kool aid” as he likes to say.
2. What aspect of our core values of authentic, driven, and inclusive do you relate to the most? Why?
Driven. I think this value translates well into every day life too… It’s extremely rewarding to accomplish something you’ve been working hard at for a long period of time.
3. What do you most look forward to when you come to the gym?
It’s a place where you can challenge yourself, and through rising to meet those challenges, become a better, stronger version of yourself. I love being able to come in, forget about the outside world for an hour and focus on what’s right in front of me.
4. What is your favourite memory at All Level CrossFit?
I love all of the memories that include working out with my dad. CrossFit is something that we’ve always done together, it allows us to spend quality time and focus on our mental/physical health.
5. What goals have you set for yourself in CrossFit that you’ve successfully achieved? What are your current goals?
Well this past year, I’ve been working on getting my first muscle up. After six months of trying out different drills/techniques and having a great coach, I was FINALLY successful! My goal for this year is to become consistent with reps and hopefully, be able to incorporate them into my WODS (eventually).
6. What advice do you have for someone who’s on the fence about starting CrossFit?
Just do it 😁
7. How has your experience at All Level CrossFit improved your life outside of the gym?
CrossFit has helped me develop the grit and drive needed in difficult situations, whether it be in my personal or professional life. How many times have I looked on SUGARWOD, dreading the workout programmed? More times than not… but I still get myself to the gym and power through it. Facing challenges and obstacles outside the gym, I often think to myself, “I got through that WOD, I can get through this!”