1. How long have you been doing CrossFit? What got you started?
I’ve been doing CrossFit for almost 6 months. It was during this year’s Open when I came to the gym to pick up Priya. She basically forced me to stay until the end of the event, ha-ha. I watched the event, participants’ hard work and the competitive nature of the sport, and I loved it. It felt like I needed to give it a try, and it turned out to be one of the best decisions I’ve ever made :)
2. What aspect of our core values of authentic, driven, and inclusive do you relate to the most? Why?
Among our gym’s core values, I find myself most aligned with the value of inclusivity. Embracing inclusivity ensures that everyone, regardless of their background or abilities, feels welcome and valued. This value resonates with me because I believe diversity and collaboration lead to a richer and more supportive community.
3. What do you most look forward to when you come to the gym?
Simple! Great workout, and meeting my 5:30 class family :)
4. What is your favorite memory at All Level CrossFit?
My favorite memory is definitely the JD Classic competition. Seeing all these incredible athletes compete while having fun at the same time, and competing among them for the first time, was truly blissful. The sweat, the cheers, the emotions, and the fun gave me a new experience that I never had before.
5. What goals have you set for yourself in CrossFit that you’ve successfully achieved? What are your current goals?
Initially, everything was a goal for me – like double-unders, kipping pull-ups, cleans, and snatches. Now, I’m happy that I’ve improved in doing them.
My current goals is getting better at all gymnastics movements (especially handstand walks), pacing my workouts, and squat clean of 200+ lbs.
6. What advice do you have for someone who’s on the fence about starting CrossFit?
I’d say, “Just do it – there’s only one way to find out if you like CrossFit or not, and that’s by trying it out. CrossFit can bring you so many first-time experiences.”
7. How has your experience at improved your life outside of the gym?
Having a corporate job and working from home can leave you feeling drained. There’s not much physical activity during the day, and you end up feeling lazy all the time.
However, since I started All Level CrossFit, I’ve become more energetic than ever. It’s given me a new sense of purpose and something exciting to look forward to.