- What got you started in CrossFit? How did you hear about it?
I was searching for a gym that offered instructor lead classes close to home. Stumbled on the All Level website, and figured I'd walk in and give it a shot. I was hooked after the first one on one intro session.
2. What is your favourite part about coming to the gym?
Being a part of a group of like-minded friends, who motivate, challenge and teach each other. There's also nothing like the feeling of accomplishment after a WOD or strength piece.
- What is your favourite CrossFit movement? Least favourite?
Lately I've learned to enjoy more body weight movements such as pull-ups, sit-ups, push-ups, however Clean and Jerk is still my favorite. Assault Bike is the Devil!
- What are your goals in CrossFit?
Long term, I just want to stay fit and healthy for as I can, and live a balanced lifestyle. In the short term, I am trying to refine the skill of each movement. I want to be able to be comfortable, in control and stable no matter the WOD. Increased weight will come with time.
6. What advice do you have for someone who is thinking of trying CrossFit?Be ready to be welcomed to a community that remembers what it is like walking into the gym for the first time. No judgements, no ego's... maybe a little bit of chirpin'... You will learn and improve quicker than you think. Be prepared to make friends!
7. What does CrossFit mean to you?Teaching my mind and body a combination of skill, strength and endurance, so I'm able to do fun things !
8. How has CrossFit helped you improve your life outside of the gym?It's difficult not to compare yourself with others, and the Crossfit mindset is that you're only in competition with yourself. I've learned to be happy in my own skin, proud of how I look, feel and act.