1. How long have you been doing CrossFit? What got you started? I've been doing CrossFit since December of 2017. My beautiful wife, Asia, found All Level and told me I should try it out. I never looked back or tried anything else for fitness because I knew this was the perfect fit for me.
2.What aspect of our core values of Authentic, Driven, and Inclusive do you relate to the most? Why? I think all of the core values are relatable for me. All level CrossFit is its own brand. It represents being a leader and not following what other gyms do. The coaches and athletes are all driven by the same things..... be a better version of yourself and have fun doing it! And best of all, there are so many different people at all level from all backgrounds, athletic abilities and age groups. Every time I walk through those doors, it feels like home.
3. What do you most look forward to when you come to the gym? First and foremost I'm always up for some high fives at 5:30am. But most of all I look forward to building up to a great workout and feeling accomplished when I walk out the doors.
4. What is your favourite memory at All Level CrossFit? My favourite memory at All Level was the crews and brews vs cancer rowing event. It was amazing to see our gym come out so strong and have a fun time rowing for 2 hours straight while supporting a great cause.
5. What goals have you set for yourself in CrossFit that you’ve successfully achieved? What are your current goals?One of my first goals when I started was to do a bar muscle up. I achieved it about a year after I started CrossFit and it felt amazing to see how all the hard had paid off. After being on an almost 3 year leave from CrossFit, my current goals are to get back to where I left off. Building up to my next gymnastic movement and working on my next pr.
6. What advice do you have for someone who’s on the fence about starting CrossFit? Walk through those doors! Just come in and try it out. We want to meet you! We want to cheer you on. We want to show you that you can do it too. We all started in your shoes, so don't be discouraged. It'll be well worth the effort!
7. How has your experience at All Level CrossFit improved your life outside of the gym? All Level has been a place for me to really push my self to be a better version of myself. Being physically active and working to be healthier has made a big impact in my home life. I'm stronger, I have more energy, and I eat better for myself and my family. I hope that my kids look at me as a role model because I feel like I'm a super dad with CrossFit.