3. What is your favourite CrossFit movement? – I don’t think I have one yet… but I’m working towards being able to complete a real pull up, and then would like to set my sights on a real handstand. Least favourite? – Burpees….. bar-facing burpees, lateral burpees, or just regular burpee-burpees.
4. What are your goals in CrossFit? – A couple specifics were just mentioned above, but in general, I just want to be more fit, and improve my overall health. I want to be a better example to my kids, and demonstrate the importance of determination, goals, and overall health and physical fitness.
5. How do you explain your newfound obsession with CrossFit? – It’s hard to explain… I originally set out with a plan to complete 3 WOD’s per week, but find myself completing 4-5 and occasionally 6. The positive/supportive/encouraging environment and the feeling of accomplishment and improvement is somewhat addictive.
6. What advice do you have for someone who is thinking of trying CrossFit? – Do yourself one of the biggest favours you’ll ever do for yourself, and give it shot. If I can get off my butt and do it, then just about anyone can. You can’t find time to take better care of yourself, you have to make time. All cliche, yes, but all true.
7. What does CrossFit mean to you? – That even when you get to be a “person of a certain age”, and/or a “person of a certain level of fitness” (or lack thereof) you can still set goals, put fourth an effort, and achieve things you thought you might not be able to achieve.
8. How has CrossFit helped you improve your life outside of the gym? – I have re-learned how to challenge myself, and to be open minded with a more positive attitude. I feel better, and have more energy for quality time and activities with my family and friends, especially my kids.