Visit here for the latest updates, schedule changes, and fun events happening at All Level CrossFit.
Hi All Levelers,
The Open is flying by and before you know it, five weeks of blood sweat and tears will be over and we’ll be looking back with fond memories on all that we’ve accomplished and looking forward to the next one! But in the meantime, we need to finish our Intramural Open with our own special 18.6 WOD and then a celebration to blow off some steam, crown our team champions as well as our fittest men and women. Here’s how it works.
On April 7th at 11am, your Intramural teams will descend on the box to take part in a two hour WOD that will involve complete commitment and cooperation from all of your teammates. Last year was a 20km run, 40k row and an 80km bike (all cumulative totals). The sun was shining and we were able to do the whole thing outside (insert prayers to the weather gods here). This year, the WOD (and maybe the venue) hasn’t been announced yet, but you know it will challenge you and be accessible to all skill levels. Following the completion of the WOD, you’ll have time to go home, eat, clean up, nap and whatever else you need to do to get ready for our CELEBRATION!
From 8pm (doors at 7:30pm) until 1am we will fill the Masonic Temple Ballroom with all dressed up CrossFitters ready to party. Your $40 ticket will include lots of apps, DJ, dancing and a cash bar. We will present the trophy to the winning Intramural team and individual awards to the top finishers in the Open. We will then socialize and dance until the wee hours of the morning. This event is a blast and NOT TO BE MISSED. Get a chance to see your fellow athletes in something other than gym clothes and to have some fun outside the box (and maybe even a dancefloor burpee competition). We need all tickets purchased by March 27th in order to have numbers to the caterers, so please don’t leave it to the last minute. This event is open to everyone, so bring a friend or two.
Reserve your ticket(s) here
Hi guys. Lots of people new to the Open, so I wrote out a little list of what to do! Feel free to add anything in the comments that I may have missed.
So you’ve registered, you’ve been recruited to one of our intramural teams…NOW WHAT?
Well, we are here to guide you through what happens next.
1. Circle April 7th on your calendar. Make sure you have the entire day and night free. This is our special 18.6 WOD and End of Open Semi Formal Party. It’s a blast and we don’t want you to miss it. Tickets are $40 and you can bring a friend or two if you’d like. 18.6 WOD is from 11am-2pm. End of Open Party is from 8pm-1am. Get a babysitter, get a dog sitter, make sure you have Sunday off too!
2. Download the CrossFit Games app.
3. Attend all of our live announcement parties at the Box starting with the first one on Thursday, Feb. 22nd at 7:30pm. Then every Thursday at 7:30pm until March 22nd (the last one). This is where the Director of the CrossFit Games, Dave Castro, announces the WOD for the week. WODs are name after the year of the Open and the sequence in which they were released. For example the first WOD of the 2018 season will be called 18.1. We then watch two top CrossFit athletes go head to head live on a big screen projector and following that two (or more) of our top athletes at All Level go head to head and complete the WOD. Beers will be had, food will be eaten, cheers will be cheered and high fives will be flowing like water.
4. Book a time to complete the WOD using the Wellness App or online. Open slots will be available Friday night from 6:30pm until 8:30pm (Friday Night Lights!), Saturday from 10am-2pm and Sundays from 10am-2pm. Slots won’t be available to book until the WOD is announced. This is because there are different space, equipment and time requirements for each work out and we won’t be able to determine how many athletes we can book at a time until then. If you can’t make one of the days or times, please talk to your team captain in advance of the date and see if they can arrange something.
5. Show up at least 30 mins before your WOD time so you have time to warm up properly and in case we are running ahead. You need to be ready to go at your scheduled time or we might start without you and you will lose your slot. There will be a warm-up posted in the Green room (middle room) that will be specific to the WOD. Ask someone if you don’t know what a movement or term is.
6. Just before your scheduled time, make your way into the front room and find out which lane or area you have been assigned to WOD in and find your judge. Your judge should have a scoring sheet ready with your name on it, confirm it is the right name, declare which division you are competing in (RX or Scaled) and that your equipment is ready according to the standards (the judge can help you with that).
7. Smash the WOD. Have a plan. Have a plan B. Give it your best. Work hard. If you get no repped, don’t get frustrated, just move on. Enjoy the experience. Celebrate.
8. When the WOD is done, sign your score sheet. Ask the judge for your copy. Go to games.crossfit.com or the CrossFit Games App, login to your account and submit your score. This MUST be done before 8pm the Monday following the announcement. If you don’t submit your score there is nothing we can do and you will receive a zero for that WOD even though you completed it. Your captain should send out a reminder the day they are due. DON’T FORGET!!!
9. Don’t obsess over the Open WODs. Plan on doing them once, twice at most. If you plan on doing them twice, do the first one on Friday and then your re-do on Sunday or Monday (if you can find a judge). Continue to come to regular classes and train as usual, just count the Open WODs as regular training days. Hydrate, eat well, get good sleep and take care of your body (stretch, foam roll, lacrosse ball, etc).
10. Have a great time. Participate in your team’s social events, stunts, pranks, dress up days, etc. This is one of the most exciting times of the year to be a CrossFitter. Soak it all up. You aren’t only a part of the Open at All Level CrossFit, you are part of a global fitness phenomenon. Be proud of your victories. Learn from your defeats. Pledge to get a little better each day.
Power Lifting Seminar–Jan 13th at 1:30pm with 2017 IPA World Champ Haley Randall.
Come and learn about powerlifting from one of the best in our area. Haley can deadlift over 500lbs, bench over 200lbs and squat almost 400lbs! CRAZY! In her seminar we’ll talk about:
And then we LIFT HEAVY stuff!!!
Haley is asking that you make a donation to the Hiatus House if you are attending.
You don’t need to be a member of the gym to attend and you can sign up on Achieve here.
Start planning your holiday WODs now! You know you’ll be busy, make time for your fitness asap!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! For us that means a really tough partner WOD in our finest holiday gear (santa hats, ugly sweaters, elf shoes, red speedos…you know, the usual!), a gift exchange ($10 limit) and a pot luck lunch after.
Come and socialize with the people you sweat with. Bring some food and BYOB and let’s make a fun afternoon of it. 12 Days of Christmas WOD is below!
Like the song the “12 Days of Christmas,” complete each exercise in ascending order then work back down to 1, adding one exercise per round. Like this: 1; 2-1; 3-2-1; 4-3-2-1; etc – for a total of 364 reps.
Who’s crazy enough to do a relay row for 24 hours straight? A bunch of All Levelers, that’s who! Starting at 9:30am on Saturday Nov. 25th we will put a steady stream of athletes on a Concept 2 rower to help raise funds forwww.growonwindsor.com. We will spend the night at the box and pass the time with card tournaments, movies, pizza, video games and whatever else we can think of to take our minds off of rowing.
All funds raised will go to the Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation and help Windsorites who suffers from this terrible disease. Sign up at the box for a shift and help us Row Row Row our way to a cure. Cancer never sleeps so neither will we.