1. What got you started in CrossFit? How did you hear about it?
Some lovely friends convinced me to try it.
2. What is your favourite part about coming to the gym?
My favorite part is the encouragement you get not only from the coaches but everyone else around you. It’s a very positive environment.
3. What is your favourite CrossFit movement? Least favourite?
Favorite would be squats. And oddly burpees. Least Favorite? The assault bike. I hate that bike.
4. What are your goals in CrossFit?
I’d like to get better at the gymnastics, work towards a muscle up. Oh, and win the open. I really feel like this is my year.
5. How do you explain your newfound obsession with CrossFit?
I’m crazy? Pretty sure this surprises no one.
6. What advice do you have for someone who is thinking of trying CrossFit?
Don’t over think it, just show up. You’ll love it. And buy a lot of Epsom salts.
7. What does CrossFit mean to you?
It’s shown me that I’m capable of more than I thought I was. I would have never tried most of this on my own.
8. How has CrossFit helped you improve your life outside of the gym?
I’m a nurse and my job can be very physically heavy. Becoming stronger and more mobile through Cross fit has helped protect me from injuries. It’s definitely a great stress reliever.