1. What got you started in CrossFit? How did you hear about it?
Two of my close friends have been doing CrossFit for a couple of years now and they both had a million wonderful things to say about it. I was really interested in trying it so when I left the flatland of Saskatchewan and moved to Windsor, I decided to join All Level to get back in shape and make new friends.
2. What is your favourite part about coming to the gym?
I love starting my day at All Level. I always know I’m going to have a great day when I start it off with a grueling 6:00am workout. I like seeing the same people every day and I love the supportive atmosphere. There’s something magical about laying on the ground in a pool of sweat, trying to catch your breath, thinking you might die and looking around the room knowing we all went through it together. I also really like high-fives.
3. What is your favourite CrossFit movement? Least favourite?
I love rowing and anything with dumbbells. My least favourite movement used to be running and I would skip days where the WOD included anything more than a 200m run. I’ve somehow learned to like it. I hate the snatch because I’m afraid of it.
4. What are your goals in CrossFit?
My number one goal is to just keep showing up. More specifically, I’d like to be more comfortable with my back squats, string together toes to bar and conquer the snatch.
5. How do you explain your newfound obsession with CrossFit?
Endorphins & Friendship & Fun!!!!!!
6. What advice do you have for someone who is thinking of trying CrossFit?
You won’t know until you try!
7. What does CrossFit mean to you?
CrossFit means getting up at an ungodly hour and dragging myself to the gym to take charge of my physical and mental health.
8. How has CrossFit helped you improve your life outside of the gym?
CrossFit has played a crucial part in my happiness and general well-being. It’s a huge stress reliever and it gives me something to look forward to every single day. It’s also completed changed my mentality towards exercise and fitness. I went from focusing on what my body looked like to what my body can do!